South Africa go 1-0 up with last-ball win over England in first T20

England replicate a New Zealand which is to choke in a T20 game from a winning position.

Quinton de Kock | South Africa skipper: Quite interesting towards the end and I'm happy. It was very tight, but we knew as a bowling unit we kept our basics right and it's always tough to bat in the last five overs. I was still calm as I knew what needs to be done and of course there are things that you can't control. Temba batted really well and he's worked really hard to get here. Great to see him doing well. We are gonna enjoy tonight and it's really important that we stay ruthless throughout the series and hopefully seal the next one.

Lungi Ngidi, Player of the Match (Saved 7 runs in last over) : Wasn't a great day and as a cricketer you'd have bad days and the last ball I told myself: run in as hard as you can and hit the length and the wickets were falling and they were on the back foot. The Pink day wasn't great for us, but that's how you bounce back. Not panicking under pressure is the key and I was told my job is to get wickets and that's what I want to do.

Below is the final scorecard